Where we are and where we will be

Where we are and where we will be
The idea of Edinburgh is a combination of place, soul and symbolic leadership of a nation

Friday 7 March 2008

We can still dream

I remember Duncan Hodge scoring all 19 points against England when wee beat them 19-13 in 2000. I remember it because I was there.

I met him once and was struck by just how unassuming he was and yet when he spoke to the young people we had asked him to address, he was outstanding and had them listening to his every word.

We won that day when no-one expected us to win.

How I hope that one day I will meet another such individual who scored the winning try when Scotland unexpectedly beat England in 2008. Or is that just one dream too far...

No comments:

Surgery Times

1st Wed @ Piershill Library, 30 Piershill Terrace.
2nd Wed @ Craigentinny Community Centre, Loaning Rd.
3rd Wed @ Duddingston Primary School, Duddingston Rd.

All 7:15pm -7:45pm

and the last Sat. Lochend YWCA, 198 Restalrig Road South
12noon -1pm


(no appointment needed, all during school terms)
Printed and Published by Ewan Aitken on behalf of the Edinburgh Labour Party, 78 Buccleuch Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9NH