so here goes;
- get fit; from the low starting point of my rapidly atrophying body this should be achievable; I hope its not too late
- loose weight; a perennial of many folk but as my son asked if my now rotund figure constituted a 12 pack something must be done!
- Spend more time with said children who already say "who's that man" when I walk in the door, though they are not alone in uttering that fearful cry when I appear....
- Read more political history. In the end all my political mistakes are my own but at least this way I might avoid repeating others as well!
- Remind myself that sometimes silence speaks more than words, (though not for a blogger!), so also to to really try to blog at least once a day, every day, on my return from the New Year break. I nearly managed it last year but I can always do better...
- Find something positive to say about the SNP/Libdems.. a harder task but I do believe in forgiveness even for them...
- Search for a new political language that takes me away from the bear pit of conflict without loosing the edge of scrutiny. No easy journey but I am even more convinced than ever before that the present political system of power held tight against an opposition who attacks whatever is said does no-one, least of all the voters, any favours.
- Campaign for restoration of the cuts to the No 42, 12 and 13 buses, defend school budgets against more swinging reductions and find a solution to the traffic problems at Craigentinny avenue, both ends..(oops, almost broke number 5 already!).
- Get to see Dunfermline Athletic live this season. Its been too long since I was actually at East End Park (over 2 years now) for me to even claim to be a fan, more of a follower of the scores...still, with a good chance of promotion....woops, that was too close to a prediction, lets not jinx them whilst they are doing so well,,,
- Keep on going to Edinburgh Rugby, easier to achieve and after that great win against Glasgow, may be this second half of the season will see some more great scores down Murrayfield way.
p.s.-any resolutions that you'd like to use aitkensedinburgh to announce to the world....?