Where we are and where we will be

Where we are and where we will be
The idea of Edinburgh is a combination of place, soul and symbolic leadership of a nation

Wednesday 26 March 2008

A great day out for all the familiy

Tonight is one of the highlights of the year for my family and I. It was the opening party for the Edinburgh International Science Festival. I rarely take my family to events I attend as councillor because they tend to be boring for anyone whose not intimately involved with them,. The Science festival shatters that rule; I just say its Science festival time and they are at the door before me!

This event combines creativity, ingenuity, inspiration and scientific understanding in a way that mesmerises all ages. Ok, so I am a member of the Board and so I am biased but if my kids enthusiasm are a benchmark then its a winner.

Its on all this week and most of next week. There's wonderama for kids and some amazing talks for the adults. Try it. You won't be disappointed. My kids certainly weren't and they are not backwards at coming forwards when they don't like something.... take after their mother you see...

No comments:

Surgery Times

1st Wed @ Piershill Library, 30 Piershill Terrace.
2nd Wed @ Craigentinny Community Centre, Loaning Rd.
3rd Wed @ Duddingston Primary School, Duddingston Rd.

All 7:15pm -7:45pm

and the last Sat. Lochend YWCA, 198 Restalrig Road South
12noon -1pm


(no appointment needed, all during school terms)
Printed and Published by Ewan Aitken on behalf of the Edinburgh Labour Party, 78 Buccleuch Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9NH