Where we are and where we will be

Where we are and where we will be
The idea of Edinburgh is a combination of place, soul and symbolic leadership of a nation

Sunday 4 November 2007

A walk in the city


Saturday 3rd November

Spent most of the day on the People and Parliament against Trident demo in Edinburgh. Hilary and the kids came too. When we arrived around 11.30am it didn''t seem that great a turnout but just as we set of to the rhythm of a wonderful drumming band whose name I didn't get, people seemed to appear from nowhere and the numbers moved well into 4 figures.

I marched under the banner of the Iona Community as its a theological issue for me. I cannot argue that we should love our enemies and at the same time threaten some with annihilation.

All my political life I have campaigned against nuclear weapons and despite the fact that its now my party in Westminster that is holding on to them, I will continue to campaign. What was tremendous about Saturdays march and rally was the breath of the coalition. Cross party, ecumenical, interfaith, trade unions and so many more. My Party to needs to heed that call. It is a coalition in Scotland that could become a tipping point for other issues.

No comments:

Surgery Times

1st Wed @ Piershill Library, 30 Piershill Terrace.
2nd Wed @ Craigentinny Community Centre, Loaning Rd.
3rd Wed @ Duddingston Primary School, Duddingston Rd.

All 7:15pm -7:45pm

and the last Sat. Lochend YWCA, 198 Restalrig Road South
12noon -1pm


(no appointment needed, all during school terms)
Printed and Published by Ewan Aitken on behalf of the Edinburgh Labour Party, 78 Buccleuch Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9NH