Where we are and where we will be

Where we are and where we will be
The idea of Edinburgh is a combination of place, soul and symbolic leadership of a nation

Saturday 24 November 2007

Christmas comes but once a year, but why does it come round so quickly...

I spent a fruitless evening trying to get our Christmas card list onto labels. This is where my ICT skills reach their limits. But the scout post is looming (deadlines can be found here) and so I had better get this sorted by tomorrow. Any hints and tips welcome!

Despite my ICT limitations, sending and receiving Christmas Cards is one of my favourite parts of the Christmas experience. What I cannot stand is stupid debates about what should go on the Corporate card. Anyone who argues that Spiritual message on a card that celebrates a major festival of a faith community needs to prove to me that those who are allegedly offended also take absolutely no part in any aspect of the Christmas celebrations before I will take them seriously.

And they need also to ask why they are offended, but one of the first Christmas cards I have received every year since I was elected is from the Pakistan society which is nothing if not Muslim in its roots.

No comments:

Surgery Times

1st Wed @ Piershill Library, 30 Piershill Terrace.
2nd Wed @ Craigentinny Community Centre, Loaning Rd.
3rd Wed @ Duddingston Primary School, Duddingston Rd.

All 7:15pm -7:45pm

and the last Sat. Lochend YWCA, 198 Restalrig Road South
12noon -1pm


(no appointment needed, all during school terms)
Printed and Published by Ewan Aitken on behalf of the Edinburgh Labour Party, 78 Buccleuch Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9NH