Where we are and where we will be

Where we are and where we will be
The idea of Edinburgh is a combination of place, soul and symbolic leadership of a nation

Wednesday 6 February 2008

Saved for now....

So Salmond didn’t have to resign. Actually, if I am truthful, I am quite relieved as I did not fancy another trudge round doors and up and down stairs. Well not yet. Our time will come and we need to be ready for it, but not now.

I am also glad because, despite my horror at many of the SNP policies, I actually think that if they can make a go of minority Government they will be doing the country a favour. I have become convinced that in a context of Proportional Representation, minority government is the only way to grasp the opportunity of new politics and if the SNP can help lead the way, it might in part anyway, make up for the damage they are inflicting on us in other ways.

No comments:

Surgery Times

1st Wed @ Piershill Library, 30 Piershill Terrace.
2nd Wed @ Craigentinny Community Centre, Loaning Rd.
3rd Wed @ Duddingston Primary School, Duddingston Rd.

All 7:15pm -7:45pm

and the last Sat. Lochend YWCA, 198 Restalrig Road South
12noon -1pm


(no appointment needed, all during school terms)
Printed and Published by Ewan Aitken on behalf of the Edinburgh Labour Party, 78 Buccleuch Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9NH