Where we are and where we will be

Where we are and where we will be
The idea of Edinburgh is a combination of place, soul and symbolic leadership of a nation

Monday 29 September 2008

Light shining in troubled times

No posts over the weekend because for the last 48 hours I have been at the bedside of a family member who had to be taken to hospital in a hurry. They are making a good recovery, though not yet complete and so its been a tiring time for all concerned. In amongst this however, my awe at the dedication and commitment of NHS staff continues to grow. For a whole number of reasons I and my family have had to make extensive use of the NHS and I am continually impressed by their care and professionalism but this last 48 hours I my admiration has grown immeasurably.

Be it Nurses, doctors, cleaners, ward assistants, whatever their job, they remain calm under great pressure, nothing is too much trouble and the patient is their primary focus. I write not through rose tinted specs. This is my serious reflection from being with these folk nonstop for 48 hours. They are outstanding. I cannot praise them enough. Anyone who says the NHS isn't working is on a very different planet to my experience, reinforced in these last few days, that we still get some of best care in the world, free at the point of delivery and I remain seriously grateful for that being the case.

No comments:

Surgery Times

1st Wed @ Piershill Library, 30 Piershill Terrace.
2nd Wed @ Craigentinny Community Centre, Loaning Rd.
3rd Wed @ Duddingston Primary School, Duddingston Rd.

All 7:15pm -7:45pm

and the last Sat. Lochend YWCA, 198 Restalrig Road South
12noon -1pm


(no appointment needed, all during school terms)
Printed and Published by Ewan Aitken on behalf of the Edinburgh Labour Party, 78 Buccleuch Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9NH