Where we are and where we will be

Where we are and where we will be
The idea of Edinburgh is a combination of place, soul and symbolic leadership of a nation

Sunday 18 November 2007

Doing a wee "homer" for a pal

I took the two morning services at St Phillips Joppa. Its a brilliant church with a very warm and welcoming congregation, so welcoming that I took a service for the first time there only a few weeks ago and they invited me back almost immediately which isn’t what usually happens to me these days!

I don’t do too many services these day, mainly “homers” like this one. My reason for leaving the parish was to give me more time with the family at weekends and so filling up every Sunday with pulpit supply would defeat the purpose! I enjoy leading worship. It probably what I miss most about not being in the parish but I also enjoy the fact that I don't have to do it every Sunday these days...

No comments:

Surgery Times

1st Wed @ Piershill Library, 30 Piershill Terrace.
2nd Wed @ Craigentinny Community Centre, Loaning Rd.
3rd Wed @ Duddingston Primary School, Duddingston Rd.

All 7:15pm -7:45pm

and the last Sat. Lochend YWCA, 198 Restalrig Road South
12noon -1pm


(no appointment needed, all during school terms)
Printed and Published by Ewan Aitken on behalf of the Edinburgh Labour Party, 78 Buccleuch Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9NH